Tokyo — March 3, 2023 — Asteria Corporation (Japan listed, Security Code: 3853) announced today that our product Platio has secured the largest market share in “the market for B2B no-code*1 mobile app building tools” in three categories, according to the 2023 February edition of the survey report, titled the MIC IT Report, issued by Deloitte Tohmatsu MIC Research Institute Co., Tokyo-based independent research firm.
[Three categories in which Platio secured the No.1 market share]
- No.1 share in the SMB market*2 : The number of companies that use a no-code app building tool by annual sales
- No.1 share in app building tools that enable in-house production of apps : The number of companies that use a B2B no-code mobile app building tools and create apps internally
- No.1 share in the service industry : The number of a no-code mobile app building tool adopted by a specific industry
[Factors behind Platio’s capture of the No.1 market share]
- It offers more than 100 templates and enables the creation of apps tailored to specific in-house tasks in a short time.
- Its low cost — the monthly fee of 20,000 yen with no initial fee required — allows departments in charge of managing the on-site operations to decide on the introduction of Platio.
- It has strengthened nationwide sales; the number of projects in rural areas has increased through expansion of sales partners.
- The release of new product that enables data integration between business apps and the core system
- Staff members working on the frontline can build several apps compatible with iOS and Android without coding.
Source : A survey on “the market for B2B no-code mobile app building tools” released in the 2023 February edition of the MIC IT Report published by Deloitte Tohmatsu MIC Research Institute Co.
According to a survey on “the market for B2B no-code mobile app building tools” released in the 2023 February edition of the MIC IT Report published by Deloitte Tohmatsu MIC Research Institute Co., the number of companies which introduced B2B no-code mobile apps grew about 70%, compared to a year earlier, and the number of apps created also surged by 84%.
Asteria’s no-code mobile app building tool Platio offers over 100 templates and allows users to produce an app befitting in-house tasks in three days. This, together with its low cost — the monthly fee of 20,000 yen with no initial fee required, companies and organizations in a wide range of industries have adopted the product. As it helps digitalize business processes and increase their efficiency, Platio won the largest market share in the three categories — the SMB market, the number of companies that use a B2B no-code mobile app building tools and create apps internally, and the service industry.
*1: A mechanism which allows creation of software and apps without writing a single line of code. Platio users can deploy necessary functions and modify app’s specifications to make it more serviceable at worksites, even if they do not have expertise in a programming language.
*2: SMB stands for Small Medium Business. The survey defines SMB as those with annual sales of less than 5 billion yen.
Platio is a cloud service which allows users to easily create and use mobile apps that fit specific tasks without coding. Platio promotes digitalization at worksites and improves efficiency of manual processes, thereby facilitating digital transformation (DX) of on-site operations. It offers over 100 templates with which workers who have no programming skills can create a business app. Data that users entered into an app is stored in the cloud and will be shared real time the up-to-date status of worksites with managers. Apps also can automatically detect changes in entered data and send an alert to managers so that they can quickly respond to anomalies. Apps for businesses tend to be complex and expensive. As an easy app building solution, Platio won Good Design Award for fiscal 2018. In 2022, Asteria launched Platio Connect, which enables not only app creation and utilization, but also data integration without coding. This tool supports data utilization by seamlessly linking on-site data with systems and services.
For more information about Platio, visit https://plat.io/
About Asteria Corporation
Asteria, formerly Infoteria Corporation, develops and sells software and services which connect a variety of in-house computers and devices. Its key product, ASTERIA Warp, is middleware which integrates data in different computer systems without coding. As of end-December 2022, 9,879 companies, mainly large and medium ones, had introduced the product. Another product, Handbook, allows users to carry around materials used for sales activities and meetings as well as product catalogues in electronic files on smartphones and tablets. A total of 1,676 companies and public institutions had adopted the product through end-December 2022.
For more information about Asteria, visit https://en.asteria.com/
Asteria, Handbook and Platio are registered trademarks of Asteria Corporation. The names of products are registered trademarks or trademarks of individual companies.