Asteria Corporation’s policy regarding the protection of private information
Please be aware that services that Asteria does not offer independently, such as websites with content offered in conjunction with a business partner, are handled under additional Privacy Policies and separate Privacy Policies.
Our policy regarding the protection of private information
Information we collect
Asteria collects private information in the following instances.
- When a user account is created so that a user can become a member of the Asteria website or other services that Asteria offers
- When a user purchases Asteria products and services online
- When a user conducts user registration
- When a user requests support for Asteria products or services
- When a user requests information or resources from Asteria (such as White Papers)
- When a user participates in Asteria surveys and evaluations
- When a user participates in an Asteria promotion contest or prize giveaway
- When a user contacts or leaves a comment for Asteria
- When a user seeks a job with Asteria and replies to Asteria recruiting
Asteria also collects private information with individual consent at meetings, trade shows, and expositions.
Collected private information includes the following data (however, it is not limited to such).
- The user’s full name
- The user’s title and the name of the organization to which the user belongs
- Actual addresses such as the home address and the billing address of the user (prefecture and city name, etc.)
- The user’s Email address
- The user’s telephone number
- Any other information specified by the user for use when Asteria contacts the user online or offline
- Information collected online and stored by Asteria related to the user’s account, including the following information
– The user’s name for Asteria services
– The user’s password for Asteria services
– Information regarding the user’s credit card
How we use private user information
Asteria may use the private information collected from users for the following purposes.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts
- Processing and confirmation in accordance with user requests
- Asteria product registration for users
- Answering questions from users
- Registering users for programs (based on user request)
- Sending information to users
- Sending surveys to users
- When considering applicants for employment
Asteria also uses this private information in order to supply to the user information related to user accounts and products and services purchased by the user from Asteria, to better understand user needs, to improve Asteria products and services, and to label items to be delivered with the appropriate name and address.
Sharing of private user information
Asteria shall not share or provide private information supplied by the user to Asteria to any third parties without user consent except in the following cases. Asteria can disclose/provide private information from the user to a third party in the following cases.
- When it is necessary to execute purchase orders, to process invoices and credit cards, to provide services, and for Email housing
- When it is required by law
(when responding to valid summons, warrants, tax audits, or administrational institution measures or when preventing illicit acts)
- For survey activity such as submission of statistical reports
(the collected information is used to explain Asteria services to present and future partners and other third parties, and not used to contact the subjects of the reports)
- For corporate transactions such as mergers, buyouts, integrations, division sell-offs, etc.
(usage of this information is conditional on the pledge by the receiving party stating compliance with a confidentiality agreement to refrain from using the information for any purpose other than the corporate transaction)
- When approved by laws related to the protection of private information
- When disclosed to subcontractors with whom we have an existing non-disclosure agreement, and only within the permitted scope of use
Our policy regarding safe protection of data
User selections available for receiving Email
Asteria endeavors to provide an environment where users can opt in or out of receiving Emails from Asteria and Asteria’s partners.
Asteria shall send Emails to users in the following cases.
- In order to send notifications to a user regarding that’s user account
- In order to send notifications to a user regarding products purchased by that user
- In order to send notifications to a user regarding services purchased by that user
- In order to answer questions and comments from users
Also, Asteria shall send to users Emails which include information regarding products and services which match each user’s interests and special information except for in the case wherein a user has opted to not receive such Emails. In addition, with user consent, Asteria’s business partners will also send such information to users.
A user can inform us whether or not that user wishes to receive promotional materials, information, or special information from Asteria or a business partner when creating a user account in the Asteria website, when registering for any service, when the providing private user information to Asteria, and when Asteria sends an Email to the user. Note that when a user opts not to receive advertisement Emails, that user cannot receive special information which may benefit that user.
Asteria continually provides chances for users to opt out of direct marketing communication. All advertisement Emails sent from Asteria contains information which allows the user to choose to refuse receiving such Emails in the future. Users can send a correspondence to Asteria via either of the following addresses requesting the termination of all correspondence, or termination of correspondence via Email.
- Email : email@example.com
- Standard postal address :
C/O Private Information Manager
19F Ebisu Prime Square Tower,
1-1-39 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan
Notwithstanding the foreoing, in order to protect users, Asteria shall contact users in the case wherein an issue arises necessitating immediate caution regarding a problem pertaining to products or services purchased by the user.
Information regarding cookies and browsers
Asteria’s website automatically takes control of the user’s IP address. Controlled IP addresses are used to solve problems related to Asteria’s server, for website management, and for safety management when the user uses the Asteria website. Also, they are also used to identify users and user shopping carts.
Also, in order to provide services that correspond to individual user demand, Asteria stores user information and uses tracking cookies. A cookie is light data sent from a website to the user’s browser to be saved in the hard drive of the user’s computer. In some cases it is necessary for cookies to be received in the user’s browser for websites where logging in is required and for the Asteria website, where individual user services are provided.
About the open forum
The open forum consists of user oriented chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups, etc. Be aware that information disclosed via such an online service generally becomes public material. Be careful when disclosing your own private information in this environment. Asteria values each user’s opinion and facilitates freedom of speech. However, in order to maintain the forum, Asteria reserves the right to take necessary steps, such as eliminating statements which disturb the public order.
Our policy regarding the protection of the private information of children
Due to our special concern for the privacy of children, Asteria does not accept private information online from children that Asteria knows to be under 13 years old (which is the age of a “child” as defined under Japanese law). Asteria will not allow anyone that Asteria knows to be under 13 years old to become a registered member of the Asteria website, nor will Asteria allow such an individual to purchase products or services via the Asteria website. Asteria will also not collect or ask for private information from any individual that Asteria knows to be under 13 years old.
Regarding links to other websites
The Asteria website includes links to other websites. However, Asteria bears absolutely no liability for the information collection practices of websites which can be accessed via links from the Asteria website. If a problem arises concerning the information collection practices of such a website, contact the webmaster of that site directly.
How to access, change, update and delete user information
Users are able to request alterations, updating and deletion of their own private information at any time. When this is necessary, write the details to be changed and send a request for alteration to firstname.lastname@example.org via Email.
C/O Private Information Manager, Administrative Department
19F Ebisu Prime Square Tower,
1-1-39 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan
Asteria possesses the right to alter the Asteria policy regarding privacy as needed. When such an alteration occurs, a notice of the alteration will be listed on this website for a period of 30 days starting from the day of the alteration.